“Startup Ready” Senior Backend Engineer
Full Job Description
We’re on the lookout for creative thinkers who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. If you’re willing to put in the time and effort, you’ll be rewarded with a career that has a direct impact on society.
We accomplish our mission by defining an industry, not by taking a cautious approach. This means coming up with new products that haven’t been tried before. A solution-oriented approach to product sales is what this entails. In order to stay on top of the latest and greatest, you need to have the ability to support a business that operates at a breakneck pace – on purpose!
These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re not here to make things easy, and these goals are no exception. We’re here to make you better. If you’re a person who likes to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, we’d like to hear from you.
Your Coming years
We’ve completely reimagined and recreated the employee experience, from benefits to learning, location to leadership. Additionally, because it is tailored to the preferences of each individual employee, employees are empowered to push boundaries and contribute to our collective evolution.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you’ll develop and design distributed backend services that serve as the platform’s backbone. You’ll need to think broadly about all system components and weigh the trade-offs associated with each design decision.
You will utilize cutting-edge technologies and development methodologies to ensure the best results.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join very early and take ownership of a new product’s architecture and development from the ground up.
A key engineer must
- Engage in problem definition and resolution: You’ll collaborate with a diverse group of engineers and business owners from across the company.
- Produce logical outcomes: Creating performant, well-tested, and easy-to-maintain code-based distributed infrastructure. We value collaboration and experimentation in order to achieve the best results.
- Mentor new players.
- Have 4+ years of prolific coding experience developing distributed systems in one of the following languages: Java, C/C++, or Go.
- Have experience working with remote teams that adhere to the principles of CI/CD and TDD
- Have experience with MemSQL, AWS RDS, Cassandra, or similar
- Know Cloud infrastructure and services (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Have distributed computing experience (understand implications of CAP theorem, master election, brain split problem)
- Working in a CI/CD environment is a plus.
- Strong CS fundamentals (e.g. understanding of lock-free data structures, bloom filters, minimal perfect hashing, consistent hashing, etc.)
For those who think they are competent in just a few of these areas, don’t worry! Candidates with a growth mindset and demonstrated ability to learn are encouraged to apply.
Our engineering team is critical to the success of our products; they are intrinsically tied to our mission of developing innovative products using cutting-edge technology in order to maintain our leading position. They are constantly innovating, testing our and the industry’s assumptions about what the next big thing should be.
If a problem hasn’t been solved before, these engineers aren’t afraid to tackle it. Determining the industry rather than relying on others for guidance. We’re looking for people who are comfortable with uncertainty and excited by the prospect of a challenge.
If you see the potential of how incredible people and products can transform a business, this is the team for you.
Be who you are at work.
We want to be the change we want to see in the workplace, so we set out to be that change ourselves. We want you to be able to express your full, authentic self at work every day, and we’re working hard to make that happen.
If this opportunity excites you, send an email to email@example.com.