Senior Architect – Kubernetes /Istio /Kafka /Event Streaming /Time Series Databases – $165K – $185K
- 165K - 185K
Full Job Description
We are looking for a Staff Software Architect to join the Architecture team. You will play a vital role in building the company’s next-generation Platform. You will work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to drive the design and evolution of big data and cloud-native architecture.
The successful candidate has the ability to think about and design systems at a higher level, seeing the whole picture. They have strong skills in developing reusable components and patterns, and an understanding of various hosting models, distributed system paradigms, and failure modes. They also understand different architectural patterns, and when they are useful and when they should be avoided.
Core Job Duties:
- Define and maintain the overall product architecture with the Architecture team and Tech Leads.
- Given the architecture strategy related to big data, analytics, and cloud-native product vision, work on the concrete architecture design and, when necessary, prototype it
- Partner with cross functional leaders across engineering to understand pain points and proactively build a more robust database platform
- Help define principles and guidelines, ensuring engineering teams follow them
- Establish, document, and implement the guidance and best practices that make up the coding standards
- Setup proper architecture documentation and governance.
- Manage and resolve different needs between the global architecture direction and teams/business needs.
- Excellent track record in designing highly scalable big data/event-streaming/cloud architectures and experience with having put them in production.
- Proficiency in using a programming language, including but not limited to Golang, Python, Rust, Java, C/C++
- Working knowledge of cloud native environments and container technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with multi-tenant SaaS application design using technologies in the public cloud (AWS preferred).
Write to email@example.com to get connected!