Lead Web Platform Engineer (Backend) | Global Teams
Full Job Description
The Company is a frequently used Electron.js application. In our quest of an amazing user experience, we are elevating the services that enable our online and desktop user experiences. An ambitious team building a cross-platform (web and desktop electron) framework to improve system integration, networking, and runtime efficiency.
We are searching for an experienced technical lead to head the engineering efforts of the Web Platform team. You’ll work directly with other lead engineers and corporate executives to help us create the next 100M developers.
- Lead a diverse engineering team based in Bangalore and San Francisco.
- Help support and product, quality, security, and platform engineers build and manage microservices.
- Contribute to all phases of AWS solution development, from strategy through testing and quality assurance.
- Technical documentation for system designs and implementations.
- Troubleshoot issues, find underlying causes, remedy them, and prevent them.
- Own our team’s microservices roadmap and SLAs.
- Mentor, off-board developers Perform code reviews and assist team members in their technical advancement.
- Assist in the development of cloud skills.
- Monitor, integrate, and contract tests with Company Software.
- 5+ years developing large-scale web applications.
- 2+ years creating and managing other developers’ platform or basic services.
- You’ve worked with high-level languages like Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby, Go. We mostly use Node.js.
- Performance, security, and reliability improvements for big single-page applications.
- Algorithms, databases, networking, and distributed systems knowledge.
- You know AWS infrastructure.
- You can communicate technical ideas to other engineers and stakeholders.
One or more of the following
- Worked in remote-first teams.
- Certificates from AWS are a bonus.
- Experience creating server-side rendering services and SEO infrastructure for large-scale single-page web apps.
- Expertise managing large-scale infrastructure – DNS routers, CDNs, load-balancers, firewalls and various computing, storage,
For those who think they are competent in just a few of these areas, don’t worry! Individuals with a growth attitude and shown learning aptitude can apply.
Be who you are at work
It is our goal to be the catalyst for change that inspires us to take action in the workplace. Work should be a place where your true self can be fully expressed. We’re working hard on making that happen for you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.