Engineering Manager, Developer Productivity and Tools
Full Job Description
We are the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. More than 17 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use our product today.
Our Developer Productivity and Tools team is responsible for building and owning the mono-repo, libraries and infrastructure such as CI/CD that help our Product teams build great user-experiences and interfaces. This includes building, supporting and ensuring the development processes, services and tools are fast and reliable for our engineers to use every day.
We’re looking for an experienced engineering leader to lead this charter with us. You’ll work closely with the company leadership and our product and design teams to achieve our mission of creating the next 100M developers in the world.
- Experience building user interfaces with modern web technologies
- Experience owning and improving development workflows
- Experience working on standardization and solving problems in engineering productivity in a growing company
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Alignment with our Values
- An innate curiosity about how things work
Nice to Have
- Experience building remote-first teams
- Extensive experience with modern web tooling such as Webpack, esbuild, Babel, Mocha, Jest, Enzyme
- Experience operating mono-repos, and supporting continuous integration systems (Jenkins, Pipelines, CircleCI)
- Experience in building applications in multiple platforms – such as web, desktop, mobile
- 5+ years of experience building frontend, electron or mobile development tooling and infrastructures
- 1+ year of experience serving in an engineering management role either building customer- facing products or developer-facing products
- Build and lead a team of diverse engineers spread across remote locations and our engineering hubs in Bangalore & San Francisco
- Partner with peers in engineering to craft a world-class development loop using internal libraries and open source technologies
- Define and evolve the team’s vision, mission, and strategy with leadership
- Participate in the end-to-end recruiting process, hiring and on-boarding exceptional engineering talent
- Define, measure, and own key metrics for the performance of your functional area
- Motivate and communicate across multiple levels. Bring out the best in the individuals on your team by enabling them to do the best work of their lives
- Help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
Be who you are at work
It is our goal to be the catalyst for change that inspires us to take action in the workplace. Work should be a place where your true self can be fully expressed. We’re working hard on making that happen for you.
If you are interested in this opportunity, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.