Director SRE – Billion Dollar Enterprise Software Startup – $130K-$140K
Full Job Description
You have 5+ years of experience successfully managing a team of site reliability engineers on large-scale B2C platforms that included technical deep-dives and production troubleshooting in the areas of distributed systems, code, networking, storage, and operating systems. You will manage a team of 12-15 engineers/ managers.
About you :
- You have 15+ years of software support, reliability, or operations engineering experience in a highly customer-focused environment.
- You possess strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate teams.
- You have prior experience in setting and scaling up SRE functions and best practices.
- You will bring a strong perspective and collaborative partnership that drives change, and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex operational or reliability challenges.
- You have experience formulating a team’s technical strategy and roadmap, and you’ve collaborated, partnered, and influenced product engineering teams.
- You can provide a strong technical vision for systems and infrastructure teams.
- You are capable of leading a discussion with upper management and are able to tailor the level of technical detail to suit your audience.
- B’Tech. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience in one or more of C, C++, Java, Go or Python.
- Experience in AWS/GCP, monitoring tools, big data platforms like Hadoop/Spark, databases Mysql/Cassandra/Redis
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python.
Drop a line to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your next adventure!