Senior Data Scientist – Billion Dollar US Startup – Setting up in India!
Full Job Description
$2.7 trillion Global Ecommerce Marketplace Economy!
About our Client:
Unicorn Valuation of $1B +
Total Capital Raised more than $800 million from some of the world’s leading investors.
Total Employees Globally – 250 , team includes several graduates from topnotch universities such as MIT, Harvard, Carnegie Mellon, Caltech, and top rankers from the IITs and NITs.
Setting up a Base in India!
Current Team are from companies like : Amazon, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Walmart et al.
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Data Scientist to join the Product & Engineering team and lead 0-> 1 efforts in building products for optimizing Ad spend and pricing & promotion decisions to accelerate the sales and margin growth across our portfolio of brands.
Key job responsibilities
Ads and Pricing & promotion optimization has multiple challenges you will help navigate including but not limited to: translating business requirements into mathematical optimization models by identifying the appropriate decision variables, objectives, and constraints, building optimization programs that account for a wide variety of input data that impact Ads performance, demand and pricing, designing experiments to quantify the impact of various levers and comparing different optimization models depending on nuances of our catalog. You will be working with engineers to integrate the models with internal systems and tools, and product and business stakeholders to communicate the business considerations and performance impact of optimization.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Math, Economics, statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field. (If Master’s degree, 3-4 years of industry experience required; if Bachelor’s degree, 5-6 years of industry experience as a (Sr.) Data Scientist or equivalent)
- Advanced experience in SQL and Python, or R
- Excellent quantitative modeling, strong knowledge of experimental design, statistical analysis, ML methods, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in extracting insights from data and explaining their implications
- Experience with Excel and some dashboarding/data visualization (e.g., Tableau or similar)
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage relationships with partners coming from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Thrives in a transparent, agile and collaborative environment
- (Preferred) Experience using optimization software such as Xpress, Gurobi, and CPLEX
- (Preferred) 2-3+ years of experience solving problems dealing with revenue and profit optimizations such as pricing optimization, Ad optimization across marketing and e-commerce domains.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers and business stakeholders to break the ambiguous business problems into specific quantitative questions that can be answered with available data using sound methodologies.
- Manage and drive the data science aspects in the product roadmap spanning across insights, experimentation and recommendation areas.
- Lead the design and implementation of experimentation frameworks, analyze data, and build statistical and ML models as needed to solve specific business problems and measure the impact aligned with short- and long-term goals
- Extract insights and present your findings from time to time to product and business stakeholders to answer specific questions, improve status quo, and find new opportunities to expedite impact to the business.
- Partner with data engineering and MLE to build out infrastructure for scaling data science inside the product including analytic capabilities, platforms, and pipelines needed to build, deploy and maintain models.
- Develop a deep understanding of our existing data sets and identify gaps to solve specific business problems. Partner with BIE and data engineering to lay out the skeleton of a data warehouse and structure of tables that solve long term
Drop us a line at email@example.com to get connected!